Thursday 5 January 2012

Bumping along...

BACK WITH A BUMP
This is not about pregnancy... I promise...at least not directly. Its about being happy. Really really happy. Smiling about everything. Looking at yourself n the mirror and just grinning because you love your life. Thinking that this feeling will last forever.....then bang...its gone!
This happens to me all the time. You think its all good. You think it wont change and just like that the universe switches tacks and your left wondereing how it all went so wrong so quickly.
Today has been an odd day....good and bad...why is it that when you think “im so happy I could burst”, something actually does come along and burst your bubble. Then you come freefalling back down to reality with an all mighty thud. At least the bump to the head brings you back to your senses.  You cant be that happy surely?
Today was just like this. A lovely morning. Such glee. Then bam. No warning just BAM! And that's it, you forget your good mood and all you can think about is the bad stuff.
Sure its not terrible. In the grand scheme of things its not really that bad at all. More of an annoyance than anything else. My problem is this. What right does anything have to ruin my good mood? I don’t go out of my way to ruin other peoples good moods. In fact I enjoy them too. Or try to at least.
There should be a rule. Some kind of cosmic ruling rather where no one can upset you when you are in a really good mood. That they have to leave you alone. Cushion any bad news. Treat you carefully. Gently. With respect for your happiness of mood.
Of course this will never happen. Some people enjoy ruining your good mood. They want to drag you down to their level. Its he “if im in pain emotionally, then so must you be” . I hate that attitude. Life is so much easier with a smile on a face. Even if its not a full on grin. Always look on the bright side of life and all that...
"The why me??" culture is amazing. Why not you? Did you do anything to improve the situation? Did you try to change things? Or did you just sit there and expect everyone else to do it for you? Yeah I thought so its the latter.
That's fine if that's how you want to live your life.....just do not try to drag me down with you.
So im going to take my smile, my laptop and a big glass of pimms. That's sure to put a smile back on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment